Flotek Industries, Inc is a company driven by technology. Headquartered in Houston Texas, it is a publicly traded company and its shares are traded under the ticker symbol “FTK” on the New York Stock Exchange. The business focuses on the development and delivery of chemistry and services to the oil and gas industries and compounds to manufacturers of cosmetics, cleaning products, food and beverages, and other markets. Flotek’s leaders are innovators and experienced experts in their fields, who draw inspiration from the power of bio-derived solvents to develop successful solutions for their customers’ needs. The Company operates through two segments:
- Energy Chemistry Technologies (ECT)
- Consumer and Industrial Chemistry Technologies (CICT)
Products and Services
Flotek’s CICT range offers citrus oils for flavor and fragrance applications. The ECT range offers an array of products and services:
- Cementing chemistry provides customers with the ability to tailor the capability and the chemistry of cement to meet the trials of all well
- Improved oil recovery (OIL) chemicals optimize oil recovery using tried and tested technologies
- Drilling Fluid Additives maximize the permeability reservoirs to hydrocarbons and help to improve drilling systems performance, lessen bit balling in hydro-sensitive formations, control-drilling solids, and improve completion rates
- Coil Tubing Chemistry includes foamers, lubricants and friction reducers developed for operations in coil tubing
- Stimulation Chemistry comprises of a comprehensive selection of chemistry for well stimulation challenges. Products include the biodegradable Complex nano-Fluid®technology suite and much more
- Reservoir management and characterization services include reservoir assessments, conformance and profile modification and design, feasibility studies and field development, and tracer studies to enhance well treatment and improved oil recovery (IOR) tasks
- Polymer Conformance technologies are most effectively applied and executed through the project supervision and reservoir evaluation services provided by EOGA
- Logistics services include material handling services by third parties, equipment and plant component sales, and turn-key design and construction services to meet customer’s total logistics requirements
Making a Difference
Making a difference is a non-profit stated by Flotek to provide for many charities throughout the USA. An important part of the company’s ethos is ‘giving back’, through charitable donations, partnerships, and sponsorship programs. Flotek has partnered with TIPRO (Texas Independent Producers & Royalty Owners Association) to help combat child hunger by contributing to food banks in the states in which it operates. Other charitable donations include: Child Advocates of Fort Bend; Cinco Charities; CSBC Disaster Relief; Halliburton Golf Tournament; Houston Metro Fraternal Order; MCH Classic; Romp to Stomp Benefiting Susan G Komen; Texas A&M Foundation; The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue; and Young Texans Against Cancer.
Research and Innovation.
As a leader in the industry and a global supplier of chemical solutions to the energy markets, Flotek’s next chapter is the construction of the Flotek Research and Innovation Leadership Center. Located in the Sam Houston Business Park in Northwest Houston. The 50,000-foot facility will contain advanced and ultra-modern applied and theoretical research laboratories, collaborative innovation centers and customer demonstration facilities. The Research and Innovation Leadership Center will showcase Flotek’s world-class scientific talent and will cultivate the next-generation chemical technologies for the oilfield.